SAP is a widespread enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with built-in intelligent technologies.
Like most ERP systems, SAP is where we would look to obtain the following information:
- Asset fixed data: Serial, Make, Model
- Servicing History: All previous services, next service due, warranty status
- Asset status (variable): On/Off Hire, On/Off Display, Home location
- Customer data and history: Contact and contract details
Conversely, our integration with SAP is capable of writing to the platform too to enable:
- Real-time odometer/engine hour access
- Real-time contract updates (like toll roads for example, or powered after stand down events)
- Servicing details
Of course, there are many other ways to use it as everybody uses their platform differently.